Neptune Renewable Energy Ltd. is a small company formed in 2005 in order to progress the development of both tidal power and wave power projects in the UK. In addition, NRE have the capacity to conduct environmental and resource analysis and have made a strategic decision to develop sites together with the technology. In addition we can license our proven and patented technologies and can provide turn key systems on a European and Global basis.
History of the Company
- Sept 2005 Neptune Renewable Energy Ltd. company founded.
- Dec 2005 Company purchases preliminary device concept IPR from University of Hull.
- Feb 2006 PhD student carries out investigation into Triton wave power technology.
- Sept 2006 Proteus Mark I 40th scale testing in small scale flume by University of Hull.
- Oct 2006 Proteus Mark I 10th scale testing in River Hull.
- Oct 2006 Secured funding for further Proteus 10th scale tests.
- Nov 2006 Proteus Mark I 10th scale testing by University of Hull in large scale Total Environmental Simulator.
- Feb 2007 CFD and mathematical modelling of Mark I device leads to Mark II modifications.
- Mar 2007 Proteus Mark II 40th scale testing in small scale flume by University of Hull.
- Oct 2007 Developed Mark III designs and tendered for lead builder and sub-contractors.
- Jan 2008 Deloitte identifies investors for full scale Demonstrator.
- from April 2008 Detailed design and construction of full scale demonstrator for the Humber St Andrews site begins.